Tips&Tricks

Over the next little while, I would like to try out some new beauty tricks I've learned about. I've been reading this awesome book called "The Idiot's Guide to Household Solutions", and it's a great read for those of you that can't afford expensive products, or like to go the natural route. I've compiled a bunch of homemade recipes for delicious-sounding face masks, bath oils, body scrubs etc. and plan on trying them out to see just how well they work. I'll post up my thoughts, as well as recipes for you DIY-savvy girls that wanna try them yourself!

I've already tried out one mask, and I liked the results. Like eating eggs? How about putting them on your face! All you have to do is separate an egg white, from an egg yolk, and slather the egg white on your face, as you would with any other mask. Wait 20 minutes, rinse, and voila! It will make your face feel firm and fresh. It's great for you gals with oily skin, as it will tighten pores. If you tend to be prone to acne, add a 1/4 tsp. of lemon juice to the mask. Lemon juice acts similarly to store-bought topical acne creams, by drying out current blemishes. The best part is, these are typical items that you probably already have at home, and it's easy to whip up a quick mask.

More tips and reviews to come!

Oh and this is just a side note, but I thought it was interesting. Yesterday my friends were talking about getting fast food for dinner, and my one friend started going the old route saying "that crap is sooo bad for you", which we all know. But she also had a really good idea. When she doesn't have time, or feel like cooking, she'll stop by a local grocery store. Many of them always have ready-made sandwiches, salads, veggie trays, fruit bowls, sushi etc. all made from the same ingredients you would use if you were making it homemade. So not only is it fast and delicious, it's a healthier alternative. So next time you think of getting fast food, think about hitting up the grocery store instead!

0 Comments:



Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin